Saturday 26 January 2008

Guard Horse Artillery

At last I have finished my French Imperial Guard Horse Artillery crew. These figures are all vintage Hinton Hunt castings that I stripped and repainted. The gun is a plastic one from the Revell set.

I am really pleased with the way they turned out. Many years ago I painted this exact set of figures (in fact they were the last HH I painted back in the 1970’s) and I was disappointed with my effort then. I didn’t have the right colour blue and I made a bit of a pigs ear of them. These ones on the other hand look darn good even if I do say so myself. The figures are:

FN180 Officer pointing, holding map
FN181 Gunner with porte-fire
FN182 Gunner with rammer
FN183 Gunner holding cannon ball

Original HH artillery models are pretty rare but even if I had one I probably wouldn’t use it as they are under sized for the figures. It would be undignified for these fine Guardsmen to have to stoop down to fire so I am not too bothered about the plastic substitute.

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Good Morning Ian,

These really are spectacular figures. Have you always collected Hinton Hunts, or is this a recent return to an old favorite for you?

Best Regards,

Stokes Schwartz

Stryker said...

Hi Stokes
My first metal wargame army was a Hinton Hunt Prussian one that I collected as a mere slip of a lad. I sold it in the 1970’s so this is really a bit of a nostalgia trip I am taking here. I started collecting them again about a year and a half ago.
Ian