Wednesday 27 July 2011

My own Bunker at last!

Very little figure painting is going on here because I have spent most of the month preparing the business premises we have just taken on for our Internet shop. We have been running the business partly from home and partly from the Self-Store down the road and have finally taken the plunge into the world of rent and business rates.

This is good not only because we need the space to continue to expand but also because our garage that used to look like this…


Now looks like this…


For the first time since I was 12 years old I have a space for a permanent wargame table. At the moment I have just put up two wallpaper pasting tables that I’ve had as a temporary table for many years that give me a 6’x 4’ playing area. The garage is big enough however for me to eventually build a permanent 4’x 8’ table. There are no windows which all adds to the bunker feel but I will be able to brighten the place up with some prints and stuff I’ve had tucked away since we moved last year.

First though, there are still a whole heap of things to do at the new unit (click here to see what I mean) and of course if the business doesn’t make enough money the stock may have to come back to the garage again so please if any of you have partners, relatives or friends who buy quality hand-knitting yarn forward them to Great British Yarns!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Blimey, that was quick! I haven't even got to the garage yet and it's been taken over and a blog post written! If only you were so fast in redecorating the hall and stairs.......

Paul said...

Congratulations on your own Bunker !

Best wishes to yourself & Sharon on your new venture


Paul

Stryker said...

Thanks for that Paul!

Ian

tidders2 said...

hoorah, congrats. Good luck with the business

-- Allan