Saturday 24 March 2012

Vive l’empereur!

I have nothing new to post this week as my hobby time is being taken up with “The Battle of Crane’s Station” still raging over on my other blog (click here).

However, I did come across this picture taken back in October during my last Hinton Hunt game with Roy. The picture is a close-up of the French battle-line as it advances towards the Duke of Wellington’s position on the ridge. Marshal Lannes (the one out of focus on the horse) is leading the 4th Swiss Infantry forward. The Grenadiers are actually FN/23 Old Guard Grenadier (firing), superbly painted for me by Matt.

For the full story of “The Battle of the Ridge” click here.

4 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Gorgeous! Were time and money not issues, I'd dive headfirst into my own vintage 20mm Napoleonic project. Yours has certainly been inspirational.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Stryker said...

Thanks for that Stokes!

Rafael Pardo said...

Always a plaisir to see 'Le Rougeaud' advancing against the 'milords'
Regards
Rafa

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

great looking shot.