Thursday 6 November 2014

The Votes are in

I decided to close the poll early basically because I have already prepared and undercoated the first half-dozen Highlanders – this is the final result:

Surprisingly little support for the Old Guard but at least they got 1 vote!

Now I had said that my Highland unit would represent the 92nd Gordon’s but I remembered that I have a copy of the Hinton Hint painting instructions for BN32 to BN36 and Marcus produced these for the 42nd Black Watch. So Black Watch it will be and at least the blue facings will be easier to paint than yellow ones although I still have to tackle the dreaded tartan.

The original Hinton Hunt painting instruction sheet for the 42nd Black Watch.

The Prussian Dragoons are finished and just require varnishing and basing before they appear here then I’ll be ready to start on the 42nd. Thanks to all of you who took part in the poll or left comments.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent choice especially the choice of regiment! These links may help:

http://camospecs.com/Article.asp?FictionID=22

http://montys-caravan.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/tutorial-black-watch-tartan-in-28mm.html

Stryker said...

Thanks for that - I'll take a look!

Matt said...

I look forward to seeing the results!!

Stryker said...

Me too Matt!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Highlanders it will be - looking forward to seeing the results posted in the not to distant future.

Stryker said...

Thanks Kev - guess it's just you and me for the Old Guard!

the Archduke said...

How wise you are. I trust none of us will be hassling for early results. Tartan comes slowly.

Stryker said...

No - you'll have to wait, your own fault if you voted for the Scots!