Monday 11 December 2017

Young Guard Drummer

It’s amazing what things I can find to distract myself with when faced with a full 24 figure infantry unit to paint, even buying Christmas presents seems preferable. However I did manage to pull myself together enough to paint up the great little drummer conversion Matt did for me.

This has been converted from FN/75 Voltigeur Guard (charging). I’m not very talented in the conversion department so it was nice to have this difficult task carried out for me. Left to my own devices the unit would probably not have had a drummer at all.

Anyway that’s two out of the twenty-four done although they do of course still need to be varnished which should make the colours pop a bit. I doubt very much if we will see anymore finished this side of the Christmas festivities.

6 comments:

Mark Dudley said...

There are 12 days of Christmas so painting 2 figures a day would produce a full unit over the festive period.

The drummer conversion looks good and the painting and colour brings the young guard unit to life.

My plan is to use Les Higgins elites advancing for my Young Guard Voltigeurs. Perhaps these should be next in my painting queue.

Stryker said...

Hmm, painting on Christmas Eve you're a braver man than I am!

Wellington Man said...

It's even more pleasing than usual to see your excellent brushwork on these, Ian.
I remember painting Roy's very well - it wasn't easy!
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Matt

Stryker said...

Thanks Matt and a Merry Christmas to you too!

the Archduke said...

Great conversion and beautifully painted. This is going to be a fine unit, but maybe not this year........

Stryker said...

Thanks Nigel, yes perhaps ready for the Easter Parade?